Adult Acne, How I treat it.

How I’ve treated my adult acne!


How I’ve treated my adult acneA little back story on my skin to start off. Growing up through the years, including puberty and teen life I would have a hormonal break out. That was it, I had been so unbelievably lucky. My dad had told me as a teen he had really bad acne and I had gotten lucky I didn’t inherit it. Well fast forward to when I was 16 and visited family in Ohio, the humidity change caused small bumps all across my forehead. After I went back home to Washington State, I went back my normal routine of washing my face in the shower with my shampoo and it was gone. When I was roughly 21 I started getting really bad acne on my cheek bones, chin and between my brows. The break outs on my cheek bones were large, painful and cystic. For years I tried so many different face washes and changed how much soda I drank. I had minor results, the intake of soda being cut back from two a day to once a month did help. But the acne never seemed to go away.

For reference my skin is normal on my cheeks, oily on my forehead, nose, lower chin, and dry around my nostril creases and in the crook of my chin below my lip. Very random, I know lol. Also I'd like to add, I can't find any photos of my face without makeup from when I had really bad acne.

About a year and a half ago, at the age of 26. I figure out what my skin needed. I cut back my coffee to a cup a day sometimes two cups. I started drinking roughly three 24 oz. cups of water a day or more. To try and get rid of my acne, I found a charcoal face wash at big lots and gave it a try. It was the Epielle Deep Pore Charcoal face wash. It didn’t seen to do much for the acne. Although it did help some what with my black heads. It wasn’t until about a year ago that I got my acne really calmed down. I started using the Perfectly Posh Gender Bender bar. It’s a deep cleaning charcoal bar that works amazingly. The only down side is, it’s very drying. If you have sensitive skin or dry patches, it will irritate your skin. On the plus side it dries out break outs fast!

Let’s fast forward to six months ago. Randomly my boyfriend came home and gave me a bottle of the Clean and Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser (Step 1). It’s part of their three step system they have. I only have step one. I started washing my face with it three times a week along with moisturizing after. I started using the Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion for Extra Dry Skin, because well the skin around my nose was ready chapped from washing it so much. Washing my face and moisturizing after with those two products made a huge difference in my skin. Along with drinking a ton of water. Anytime I have a spot due to hormones, or something I shouldn’t have eaten, I use the Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment. That stuff works so well too! I’ve tried using Benzol Peroxide and not only was it obviously overly drying, but when my spots did heal (slowly at that), I would be left with scars whether I picked at them or not.

Things that give me acne:

  • Oreos
  • Junk food in general
  • Too much Soda
  • Fried Foods

I hope this helps anyone who is having trouble with their skin, I know how hard it is and I’d like to help as many people as I can! These things have worked for me, but may not work for you. They’re all drug store items and not very expensive. If I can get rid of my acne with drug store items over high end stuff, I will. Skin care does not have to be expensive! Thank you so much for stopping by, Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find it helpful!
Xoxo Lulu.

Find me elsewhere:
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LINDAxHELLA
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Luluslife_blog
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lindaxhella/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lulus-Life-Blog
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lindaxhella/pins/
Tumblr: http://lindaxwoods.tumblr.com/


Products Mentioned.

How I’ve treated my adult acne

Epielle Deep Pore Charcoal face wash: (Info from website)

Infused with activated charcoal patented technology to draw out dirt, excess oil and impurities to deeply cleanse and detoxify pores. Cleanse daily for a smoother, bright, healthier-looking complexion.

Perfectly Posh Gender Bender bar: (Info from website)
Activated charcoal powder and silt give skin a deep clean everyone can appreciate in this gender neutral Chunk Bath Bar, while natural shea butter and palm oil soothe and moisturize skin with a crisp, yet woodsy, amber and citrus fragrance. Lather into hands and clean from head to toe, then rinse thoroughly. Use daily in the shower or bath. Follow with moisturizer.

Clean and Clear ESSENTIALS Foaming Facial Cleanser: (Info from website)
CLEAN & CLEAR® Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser cleans skin and washes away problem-causing dirt, oil, and make-up to help skin stay clean and healthy. The rich lather is oil-free and gently removes dirt and oil without over-drying and leaves skin clean and refreshed.

CLEAN & CLEAR® ADVANTAGE® Acne Spot Treatment: (Info from website)
The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin. With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores. The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid. Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin. Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!

Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Lotion: (Info from website)
SKIN CONCERN: Extra Dry Skin
Advanced Therapy Lotion is our solution to soothe and help relieve extra-dry skin. Fortified with Vitamins E, B5 and skin essential lipids, this clean-feeling formula absorbs in seconds and is clinically shown to moisturize skin for 24 hours. Helps transform extra dry skin into healthier looking, more resilient skin in just one week. Enriched with Vitamins E & B5 and Skin Essential Lipids. Clinically Shown to Moisturize for 24 Hours. Clean, Non-Greasy Feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts